Wyatt had his first encounter with sand in California at Newport Beach. At first he didn't even want the sand touching him, but as you can see he progressed to sitting in the sand and drawing in it with his finger. I absolutely love seeing him experience new things. We missed having Uncle Dave, Aunt Virginia and Eva there, but we still had lots of fun.
The Judith asked me today who I thought Wyatt bonded with the most from our extended family while we were in California for Uncle Murray's funeral. I don't have any pictures of them together, but Wyatt really enjoyed Uncle Ballard and had many great conversations with him. It must be all of Uncle Ballard's great Grandpa experience. Thanks to everyone for playing with and entertaining Wyatt.

We spent a little time at the pool the morning we left and Wyatt cruised around exploring but never got into the grass. I think you can see the hesitation in his face in this picture. After the pool we went down to the beach and then to In-N-Out for lunch and then we made a mad dash for the airport.

Oh, we missed out! You can move to Texas, it's not quite as nice as Newport Beach but it has been in the 90s this week.
ReplyDeleteYou had better of missed us!
ReplyDeleteJim and I want to retire to Newport Beach! It was so fun to see everyone. Come and see us soon!
ReplyDelete